So, I told you in the last post that we did some replacing of some dead stuff. For the last 3-4 years, we have had lantana around our AC unit and around the mailbox. Well, it was so cold last winter that is all died. So, I went by a local nursery on Friday and got some more lantana for around the AC unit and two black-eyed susans and two purple verbena for around the mailbox. We had to pull up the roots from the dead lantana before we could plant the new stuff. It was like fighting a battle. The roots were long and deep in some places and long and far out in others. Here are some pictures to illustrate:
Two of the ones around the mailbox were like this - they had grown way out into the yard. Scott pulled this one out a little more then it broke off.
Here is the final product around the AC unit.
Here is the final product around the mailbox. I hope they'll really grow this year and also come back next year.