Friday, October 10, 2008

Randomness

This will be a random, quick post. I am babysitting the printer while our church financials print and poor Scott is in the kitchen doing the dishes. :0( It has been an ordeal to print these things. First, I thought we weren't going to have enough paper and that Scott was going to need to go out tomorrow to get some. Then, I realized I can print them front and back, so I think I'll be okay. (I have not actually counted the sheets). Then, our ink cartridge ran out of ink, so luckily we were stocked up on ink cartridges, but I still had to find them and change it. But, the good thing was that I found one kind of pushed to the back that I don't think we realized we had. So yay!

We had a lot of rain this week. It rained all day on Wed. and a good bit on Thursday. Scott checked our rain gauge last night and said that we had gotten 3.5 inches this week! Wow! I was afraid that the mums in my front garden weren't blooming because I was overwatering or they didn't like getting morning dew on them or something; but apparently they were thirsty because now they have started blooming. Yay!

I have a house plant called a Croton that I bought to sit in our cut-through window between the kitchen and the living room. I am apparently overwatering it or something. Does anyone know anything about these plants? I put rocks in the bottom of the pot, I think, before I put it in there.

We have carved out the second week of Nov. for a vacation. We are pretty sure we are going to go to Disney World. I have never been and Scott has been, but he doesn't really remember it. Scott has been talking to a guy at work that goes every year getting all the good deals and calling his travel agent. She gets really good deals. He also ordered us an informational DVD off of the Disney website and it came today in the mail with our name printed on the little "CD protector" thing it came in. Impressive.

Anywho, I guess that's about all. I just have a few more to print and I'll be done. Woohoo!

12 comments:

Andysbethy said...

Good luck with the printing! Keep your chin up.

Anonymous said...

I have a conference in orlando that week. I have a presentation that I'm helping give at this Healthcare Internet marketing thing. Don't you think that would be more interesting than Mickey :) Anyway, I'm flying down Monday morning and coming back Wednesday afternoon. Have fun. It is a great time to go.

Right now STS126 is scheduled to launch on Friday. Maybe you guys could head east that weekend and catch one of the last shuttle launches. I wouldn't purchase launch tickets. They are seldem on schedule, but maybe you can listen out for the news while you're there and then head east for a better view.

OK, I know that probably wouldn't interest you, but I know that Scott would think it is cool.

Unknown said...

GIRL! I am a disney planning EXPERT! You have to let me help you plan your trip! Do you plan on staying on-site? Making dining reservations at any of the restaurants?! I don't want to bother you, but I have researched Disney, am a member of three Disney yahoo groups, and just LOVE IT! If you have/get a Disney Visa, there are weeks in November that you can get the dining plan for free! (if you stay on site). Anyway, you better get that trip planned quickly if you are staying on site because things book up.
shoot me an email if you want:
creativecarriet@comcast.net

Unknown said...

oh, I saw disney and kind of just skimmed the rest, I see you have a travel agent...okay then :)

The Shadburn Family said...

I'm sure you'll have a GREAT time. I'm excited for you guys!

Josh Stringer said...

Perfect place to go at almost the perfect time. If you could wait until the week after Thanksgiving it will be decorated for Christmas and is the least crowded time of the year (after Thanksgiving school holidays, before Christmas holidays). Either way, I'm sure it will be great.

Anonymous said...

Disney Land sounds like a lot of fun!!! Hope ya'll have a great time!

Love,

Wendy

Unknown said...

Yes...waiting until the first week of December should be a perfect time...to see all the decor...i totally agree with the other person who said that. But, no free dining that week...the december free dining is around the 20th..which is still supposed to be a good time...all the way up until THE week of Christmas is supposed to be good.

Marcy said...

Thanks for all the tips on Disney, everyone. Carrie, I will be emailing you soon. Andy, I am a little interested in seeing a space shuttle take off, but Scott has always wanted to see one, you are right. We can't go the first week of December because that is our busy time each month at work. Basically, the week we are going is the only week we have before the end of the year when my vacation expires. More to come on our Disney plans and other things going on in our lives!

Unknown said...

The Christmas Inn is actually linked if you click on it, on Mountain Adventure, Part One.

We had a great time, and I am already trying to talk my husband into taking us back for one night in December...though I am sure it is insanely expensive that time of year!

Amy said...

We ordered that CD and Quinn could not stop watching it for like two weeks!!! Have I told the story where he comes to tell me what it costs for a family of four (like in the commercial) and I tell him that we are a family of three then he says not to forget Teddy (while he is all teary-eyed at the thought of leaving Teddy at home!!)

- A

Unknown said...

hey, I just updated our disney vacation blog with our ADRs and plan for the week! I am so excited...we hit our double digit countdown tomorrow! 100...99 days to go! It is listed on my blog roll...