Thursday, July 19, 2007

Chicken Salad



I am not one to follow recipes. I use them more as guidelines, really. I love to make chicken salad. I tried it many times until I got it "right" by my tastes and Scott's. I think that I have finally got it right. Most people say they like it when they have it, and I hope they really do like it. I thought that I would post my recipe for chicken salad tonight. I made it for myself since Scott is in class. I wrote down how much of what I put in so I could put the recipe in my hand-written recipe book. Maybe my recipe for chicken salad will make it into yours...


Marcy's Chicken Salad


1 13oz. can of chicken breast

3 Tbsp Mayonnaise

2 tsp minced garlic (the kind you can buy in the jar)

4 Tbsp dill relish

3 Tbsp pimiento

1 1/2 tsp minced onion

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1 stick of celery, chopped finely

approximately 2.5 handfuls of sliced or slivered almonds


I usually mix the first 7 ingredients together and get the flavor right and then add the celery and almonds. Basically, I just add stuff until I get it the way I want it, but this is what I did this time.


Tonight I made a chicken salad melt with sourdough bread and colby-jack cheese. (See the picture above)


It was YUM-O!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That 'sammy' looks 'yum-o' (couldn't help using some of those Rachel Ray-isms :)
It really does look delicious. I'll have to try to make it (and the added cheese makes it sound more delicious)

Sarah said...

It looks awesome! I'm going to try my hand at it this week!