Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie-Super Easy!


Scott's sister Tracy gave me this recipe, sort of. She gave me a recipe that had a Bisquick biscuit dough crust and used frozen vegetables, but I love pie crust and I like the fact that Veg-all has less little green peas than frozen vegetables. So, here it is:



Chicken Pot Pie:


Frozen Pie Crust (double)
1 can Veg-all (drained)
1 13 oz. can of chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup


Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Mix the last 3 ingredients together and pour into the bottom shell. Pull the edges off the second shell and flip it over onto the top. I like the crust, so I just put the edges on top. It doesn't look as pretty, but it's good. You'll want to poke a few holes in the top too. Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on your oven. You will want the top crust to be pretty crunchy and for the sauce inside to be bubbly. If you don't get the crust done enough, the leftovers might be a little soggy. Let it rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
Enjoy! Let me know if you try this and if you like it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does the filing with Pike's today affect you? Been thinking about you today.
Ashley

Jennifer said...

I think I will try this! One of our favorite dishes is Chicken Pot Pie, but I haven't found the best recipe, yet. I want one that is easy to make, and delicious! The ones I have take forever to make! I'm going to try this and see what the "fam" thinks! ;-)

Thanks!

Marcy said...

Let me know what you all think of it, Jennifer!

Marcy said...

Ashley, thanks for your concern!