Friday, February 8, 2008

Millie's Spinach Rollups


Millie's Spinach Rollups


Source: Alice Perrins (wife of a former co-worker)


10 oz. pkg frozen chopped spinach (thawed and well drained)
1 c. mayonnaise
8 oz. sour cream (reduced fat is fine)
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
3 oz. bacon bits
9 10-in. flour tortillas
salsa


Combine first 6 ingredients and spread thin layer of mixture on tortillas. Roll up tortillas and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill 4-6 hours before serving. Serve with salsa.


NOTE> I have made these a couple of times and I have always put a strip of the mixture in the middle and then rolled it up, but I realized this last time that the directions actually call for you to literally spread it out so that when you wrap it up, the mixture is between all the layers. You may have picked up on this, but my picture is showing it the way I actually prepared it instead of how I think it should actually be. I also think that it looks pretty with the thing of salsa in the middle, but no one really eats it with the salsa...so you could leave that part out. Also, I never use an entire bunch of green onions. I only use about 4.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made these one time for a thing at school and now every time people ask me to bring them. There are never any left and I do serve it with the salsa. Many people like the salsa with it.
Tracy

Val said...

This looks so good, Iam gonna try this on the weekend.