Thursday, March 13, 2008

Marcy's Cookies


Everyone just loves it when I make these cookies - and they are always so surprised when I share my "recipe"! Here goes...


Ingredients:


2 rolls of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough

1 can of Betty Crocker Whipped Vanilla Frosting

Little round multi-colored sprinkles


Preparation:


Leave the cookie dough in the refrigerator until you are ready to cut it. Preheat the oven according to the cookie directions: I think it's 350*F. Slice cookies fairly thick; I usually get about 18 cookies out of a roll, I think, but you can make them as thick as you want. Cook them for 4 minutes and then rotate the pan, set the timer for 4 more minutes. I usually end up cooking them for 8-10 minutes. You will see that the bottoms might be turning a little brown. Remove from the oven, and let them get pretty cool before removing to wax paper or cooling racks - otherwise they might fall apart. Let cookies cool completely. Stir frosting and frost cookies liberally. Sprinkle with sprinkles before the icing has time to dry. I usually store them in one of those metal 9x13 cake pans with a lid with wax paper in between. Those little round sprinkles are really the best for this type of job. The rest don't sprinkle as well. I have done an ample amount of research on this.


So, there you go. Now you know my secret. I could not make a sugar cookie from scratch to save my life, true story!
I took these cookies to church this past Sunday and I had leftovers! However, I feel that this was the case because a certain elder who happens to lead worship on Sundays was absent!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slice and bakes are our favorites too. I'm not much of a baker myself. Great job! They look so pretty!
Tracy

mary said...

so nice of you to share your recipe!!!!!

Midlife Mom said...

Yummy! Those look soooo good! Will write more when I get back from Florida! Take care!

Coupon Callie said...

Thanks for posting your recipe... I LOVE your sugar cookies!! :)

Chrissy said...

I love the recipe, now that's something I can handle. I actually made banana nut muffins from scratch today. You have inspired me lately with all your recipe and cooking posts, keep them up. My hubby has been enjoying the nights off of cooking duty (he is the chef around here). Have a great week.

Marcy said...

Thanks for all the comments! I hope that you all try them and share them! :o)

Erin said...

This made me laugh so hard! Thanks for the tips, lol! I love sugar cookies with frosting, especially if I don't have to dirty a bunch of mixing bowls and measuring cups to make them ;-)