Sunday, September 30, 2007

Flying Saucers


No, I am not about to write about Unidentified Flying Objects. Flying Saucers is a take off on tacos that Scott's family has been making for years. They got the idea from a family friend. They are really good. Basically, you cook ground beef and make taco meat with the taco seasoning packet. You also need to heat up about 1/4 inch of oil (vegetable oil is fine) and fry up flour tortillas for everyone. You want to make sure they are crispy enough or they won't cut really well. Then, you just load up the crispy tortilla with your favorite taco toppings. We use the following, usually in the following order: taco meat, refried beans, shredded cheese (the 4 cheese mexican blend is the best), tomatoes, salsa or taco sauce (or both), lettuce, black olives, and sour cream (I usually put more cheese in there somewhere, too).



It is a really good, really quick meal and it has a cool name!



Enjoy! Let me know if you try it and like it!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

These look great. I think my kids would like them. I will try them soon when we can eat crunchy foods again (my crew just had tonsillectomies on Monday). I will let you know how it goes. Post any other recipes you have that are quick and family friendly, and thanks for this one.

Scott said...

Christina, if you look in my archives, there are a couple of other recipes. I love to put recipes on here. It's a fun change up from just blogging!
Thanks for reading! I saw your blog on your little patients. I hope they are healing quickly!