Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday

Today has been a really good Sunday. Zach preached today at church. The sermon was over James 4:13-17. He reminded us that God is completely in control of our lives. Self confidence is not something that we should have - we need to realize that while we should be working hard and we should make plans, we need to go into it recognizing that things will turn out the way God plans it, not the way we plan it. Isn't that awesome? I love knowing that God is sovereign over my life. He never makes a mistake. He is never surprised about anything. Wow!

It has really started to get chilly outside at nights and in the mornings. All the leaves are changing and various cities and churches are having their fall festivals. There are pumpkins for sale on every corner and at every church in between. It really feels like Fall now.

We had our annual chili cook-off at Pike on this past Wed. I tried several chilis that I like a lot, but my favorite was made by a lady named Sherri that I work with who sits close to me. I will post the recipe in my next post. I made that chili for Scott and I today and Scott really loved it too.

It did warm up this afternoon and the cats were enjoying the sun shining in through the living room window. Here are some very adorable pictures of them.





This is Sampson's new favorite place to be when we are in the office and let him in as well...under Scott's desk. He will lay under there whether your feet are under there or not. Sometimes he will sniff your toes or leg and it tickles really bad! He is laying under Scott's desk right now, with his chin resting on his little paw.
I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

One of my favorite things about is that He is Sovreign! I enjoyed hearing Zach preach yesterday on that subject as well. I am so thankful that God is in control and He has a plan.

Jen ;-)