Saturday, June 7, 2008

Movies and such


Today Scott and I went to see the new Chronicles of Narnia movie, Prince Caspian. We really enjoyed it. You should go see it! It was exciting and there was a bit of romance and of course the usual CS Lewis twist on things where Aslan symbolized Christ and the characters in the movie have waivering faith because they cannot see him.

I have had a lot of people ask me how I like my job. I like it. It is a totally different environment than anything I have ever experienced before. There are so many types of people there. There are quite a few people that I work with who are democrats, which is interesting. The controller of our company likes to give them a hard time...it's fun to listen. He was giving my neighbor a hard time the other day by asking her questions she couldn't answer about government and politics and my boss and I were trying to work, but all we could do was sit there and listen to see what she would say. There are a lot of people who aren't Christians as well. Everyone is nice, though. When I first started, I was afraid that I really did not have enough work for 40 hours a week. Now, I have a lot more responsibilities and I stay busier. Especially this next couple of weeks; my boss is going to be out of town and he asked me to do a lot of the things he would normally do. But, I would rather be busy than bored. Everyone there is really smart...without even having to work at it. It's crazy.

So, that's our update for now. I hope you are all having a good weekend!

1 comment:

mary said...

glad your job is going well!