Monday, March 30, 2009

Let's Go Krogering!

I went to Kroger and they still have their Tyson boneless skinless chicken breasts for $1.99/lb, so go get some before they stop doing that. They weren't advertised, I don't think. I spent $41.51 and had no coupons, but my Kroger Plus Card savings were $27.38! I didn't buy anything that wasn't on sale! I got squash, zucchini, and apples for $1/lb, an onion for $0.89/lb, 2 mangos for $1 each (b/c I had never bought a fresh mango, so I wanted to try.) I also got some Del Monte fruit cups for $1 each, the ones with no sugar added! I needed some hotdogs for a the joint birthday party we are having for Kristyn, Stephanie, and me in a couple of weeks with my family so that I can make pigs in a blanket, so I found some Light Hot Dogs (made with Turkey, so we'll see) 2 for $7, but I only got one pack and it was still $3.50. This last thing is very interesting to me...they had potatoes - 5lb bags were $3.69 and the 10lb bag was $3.99! So, I got the 10lb bag! If you refrigerate your potatoes, they will last a long time. We eat a lot of potatoes. I recently read an article on the WW website and it said that the skin of a potato has more potassium than a banana! HA! That makes me feel much better about not liking bananas. There's all kind of other healthy things about potatoes, too. That made me happy because I love potatoes!

I hope we don't need groceries again for a while, because it sure is costing us a lot to save all this money! HA!

Well, I am rambling. The point is I saved money and I am happy. I am full of chicken stir fry that I prepared very similarly to a hibachi-style japanese restaurant (and it probably cost me less than $4 to make the whole meal and Scott gets to take leftovers tomorrow!) meal and so is my husband and he is happy. Mmmmm...

And, I went ahead and bought enough squash to make the squash casserole recipe that Bethany gave me so Scott is excited about that too!

Okay, enough rambling really.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

mmmmm I love squash casserole!!!
I keep seeing online that the boneless skinless chicken is on sale but when I go to Kroger it isn't...I am very sad about that!