Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Meme

Meme went back into the hospital yesterday afternoon. She has pneumonia. She has lots of breathing issues. She smoked for forever until this past time she had breathing issues - I think right around Christmas. They are giving her antibiotics by IV and they want to give her 3 IVs of antibiotics and then they will start giving her antibiotics orally and she will be able to go back to the nursing home. My prayer is that she recovers quickly and can go back to the nursing home. She is better off mentally over there. She definitely has some sort of mental issues, be it borderline personality disorder or dementia, and she just goes nuts. So, it's hard on us and the nurses. Maybe she'll be released before the weekend. That is what I am praying for. For her, she is miserable in the hospital and I am sure she is tired of being sick. For my sister, Wendy, and I, there is the worry about her physical well being as well as her being able to stay in the same nursing home, as well as all the guilt associated with being responsible for her. There seems to be this expectation that because we are responsible, we should drive to Dallas every weekend and sit with her all weekend and then when she is sick in the hospital, we need to drive to Dallas every day and sit with her all day. Nothing we do is ever enough. I am constantly in prayer on that point. Am I doing what God wants me to do? I don't think I have received a clear answer on that one.

No comments: